Author Topic: Coronavirus thread  (Read 33461 times)

Offline Dowder

• Currently Listening to:
    Primarily Germans and Russians
”But what is government but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.”~~James Madison, Federalist 51

Offline Baron Scarpia

• Formerly Ratliff
Re: Coronavirus thread
« Reply #2241 on: June 04, 2020, 05:45:02 AM »
The state of Texas is proceeding with progressive re-opening despite the fact that reported new infections are at a record level in the state. Oh dear, I guess it is inevitable. The rational, as I understood it, was "we will close down until testing and contract tracing can be made adequate." I guess the new rational is, "we have no intention of doing that, so we might as well reopen."

We will see what happens. Given the epidemiological parameters it is inevitable that basically everyone will get it eventually. It is just a matter of when.

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #2242 on: June 04, 2020, 05:56:11 AM »
The state of Texas is proceeding with progressive re-opening despite the fact that reported new infections are at a record level in the state. Oh dear, I guess it is inevitable. The rational, as I understood it, was "we will close down until testing and contract tracing can be made adequate." I guess the new rational is, "we have no intention of doing that, so we might as well reopen."

We will see what happens. Given the epidemiological parameters it is inevitable that basically everyone will get it eventually. It is just a matter of when.
Wow!  Will you be able to work from home?  Or will you have to work with/meet up with people very often?

PD

p.s.  Hope that wife and baby-on-board and the young one are all doing well?

Offline Baron Scarpia

• Formerly Ratliff
« Reply #2243 on: June 04, 2020, 06:12:34 AM »
Wow!  Will you be able to work from home?  Or will you have to work with/meet up with people very often?

PD

p.s.  Hope that wife and baby-on-board and the young one are all doing well?

Working from home for the immediate future. When I do return it will be a small office which will entail very limited additional contacts.

We are all surviving, the unfolding of the economic impacts of this is the most worrying aspect of it. Actually getting sick doesn't even cross my mind these days. We live in the Houston area and in the supermarket you mostly see people dutifully wearing their masks. No people brandishing assault rifles in order to defend themself with deadly force, if necessary, against libtards who would compel them to wear masks.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 06:17:31 AM by Baron Scarpia »

Offline greg

« Reply #2244 on: June 04, 2020, 07:25:38 AM »

My employer is wise, we are supposedly working from home until at least September. Makes sense for IT, productivity is not reduced at all.

The gyms have re-opened recently here in SA so I gotta work out again but be safe as possible somehow... also same with hair cut places...
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie