Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 157642 times)

Offline André

• Veteran member
Re: Headphones
« Reply #940 on: January 15, 2021, 12:33:21 PM »
Is this corona lockdown being done on a "hot spot", Provincial or federal basis? We don't hear too much about what's happening in Canada here in Australia.

It’s provincial. Ontario too is locked down. That's 60% of the country's population. Conditions may differ on what’s open and what’s not, but basically it’s the same situation.

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #941 on: January 15, 2021, 12:49:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I’ll check both of your suggestions  :). Hopefully I can purchase and arrange for home delivery. Non-essential stores/services are closed to customers until February 8. That is, *if* things improve. If not, the closings will be extended for another month.
I did check Sennheiser's Canadian link and it said that they weren't currently open in re stores and also service department.

And like Holden, am curious as to how things are being decided upon in Canada re hotspots, etc.  Perhaps respond under the corona virus thread?

In any event, good luck!

PD

Offline hvbias

« Reply #942 on: January 15, 2021, 12:58:53 PM »
One of my old Stax headphone setups when I used to live in apartments and was headphone only. SR-007 headphones in that picture and the older Headamp Blue Hawaii amp. I think listening to headphones for so long pushed me to the opposite extreme where I started to dislike them so much that I now have speaker systems in several rooms in both houses.

• Veteran member
« Reply #943 on: January 15, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »
One of my old Stax headphone setups when I used to live in apartments and was headphone only. SR-007 headphones in that picture and the older Headamp Blue Hawaii amp. I think listening to headphones for so long pushed me to the opposite extreme where I started to dislike them so much that I now have speaker systems in several rooms in both houses.

*Nice excuse!  :D A good friend of mine has three stereo setups (soon to be four) in his house [minor one for kitchen] and doesn't use headphones (normally).  He did however when his children were young and sleeping.  :)

*Just teasing you a bit.  ;)

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #944 on: January 15, 2021, 05:10:45 PM »
I ordered a pair of Grado Prestige S 125. Affordable, good quality. I’ve had Grados in the past and liked them. That’ll do until I can get my Sennheisers repaired  :).

• Veteran member
« Reply #945 on: January 16, 2021, 04:32:50 AM »
I ordered a pair of Grado Prestige S 125. Affordable, good quality. I’ve had Grados in the past and liked them. That’ll do until I can get my Sennheisers repaired  :).
Hope that you like them André.  :)

PD

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #946 on: January 16, 2021, 06:28:35 AM »
Hope that you like them André.  :)

PD

They have been shipped, so I should have them sometime next week  :).

• Veteran member
« Reply #947 on: January 16, 2021, 06:33:33 AM »
They have been shipped, so I should have them sometime next week  :).
Nice!  Out of curiosity, why do you use headphones and how quiet are the open-backed type?

PD

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #948 on: January 16, 2021, 06:37:39 AM »
Headphones are for times when my wife is around. Since last March, that means almost all the time  :laugh:.

• Veteran member
« Reply #949 on: January 16, 2021, 06:52:32 AM »
Headphones are for times when my wife is around. Since last March, that means almost all the time  :laugh:.
lol Well, if they help to keep the peace...  ;)

PD

Offline Daverz

• Veteran member
  • You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down!
« Reply #950 on: January 16, 2021, 11:17:28 AM »
Amir over at ASR has started measuring headphones.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/headphones-and-headphone-amplifier-reviews.57/

I'm intrigued by the Aeon RT closed back 'phones, as there's a lot of noise in my listening environment (I have the Senn HD650).

Offline DavidW

« Reply #951 on: January 18, 2021, 05:38:54 PM »
Several months ago I bought Beyerdynamic dt1990pros and they are exceptional.  I see that Todd also bought and enjoys them.  They are very natural sounding.