Objective review of Republican candidates for President

Started by Todd, August 13, 2011, 07:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: -abe- on August 16, 2011, 01:36:58 AM
How vulgar and cheap to use this image against her. And sexist too.

I mean she's clearly an extremist but come on::)

There is plenty to use against her, trust us.

And how "vulgar and cheap" was it to use these images against their subjects?:

The Dukakis photo had a major political impact; the Kerry photo was widely displayed on Fox News and inspired an "is he out of touch" debate. And the McCain ass grab got wide play, of course. It's a plain truth of politics that "vulgar and cheap" photographs actually effect presidential races. All the above photos were big news. Sure, that is an indictment of our twisted priorities and idiotic ways of choosing presidents, but it means the Bachmann photo is no different from anything that happens every single election.

Are you really saying Michele Bachmann should be exempt from embarrassing photos? If so, take it up with her. She's the one posing for them. Of course, it's possible I'm just confused...

lisa needs braces

Quote from: Brian on August 16, 2011, 01:48:44 AM
There is plenty to use against her, trust us.

And how "vulgar and cheap" was it to use these images against their subjects?:

The Dukakis photo had a major political impact; the Kerry photo was widely displayed on Fox News and inspired an "is he out of touch" debate. And the McCain ass grab got wide play, of course. It's a plain truth of politics that "vulgar and cheap" photographs actually effect presidential races. All the above photos were big news. Sure, that is an indictment of our twisted priorities and idiotic ways of choosing presidents, but it means the Bachmann photo is no different from anything that happens every single election.

Are you really saying Michele Bachmann should be exempt from embarrassing photos? If so, take it up with her. She's the one posing for them. Of course, it's possible I'm just confused...

How is it going to be big news that she ate a corn-dog and how can anybody even talk about it? Can you imagine a news commentator addressing the sexual imagery that's producing the giggles?

eyeresist

Funny is funny. What really makes it is that her demeanour is by no means nonchalant - she is working that dog.

And in this day and age, whose to say this won't boost her vote?

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: -abe- on August 16, 2011, 01:36:58 AM
How vulgar and cheap to use this image against her. And sexist too.

I mean she's clearly an extremist but come on::)

You have somethng against sausage?  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Brian

Quote from: -abe- on August 16, 2011, 01:53:52 AM
How is it going to be big news that she ate a corn-dog and how can anybody even talk about it? Can you imagine a news commentator addressing the sexual imagery that's producing the giggles?

Why was it big news in 2004 that John Kerry windsurfed? Why was it big news that people photoshopped Kerry into pictures with various anti-war icons? Why did the media report on the cheese Obama put on his philly cheese steak sandwich?

Oh, and what about this series of photos?

I know I'm avoiding mentioning the sexual angle, but c'mon. That would have been avoided if she didn't look completely freaking insane while she was eating the corn dog.

Oh, and I almost forgot. If you want to talk sexualization of female Republican candidates...

lisa needs braces

Brian, I am not against hilarious and unfortunate snapshots of politicians in general. I just think that particular one against Bachmann is specially unfair, and the same people who are posting it on Daily Kos (it's poping up everywhere) would be screeching about sexism if instead it was some popular right wing blogs that found similar photos of Debbie Schultz Wasserman or Nancy Pelosi.   

snyprrr

Lamestream Media has blacklisted Ron Paul.

In yesterday's W.Post, Paul was mentioned once in their long front page article lifting up the 'Top 3', Bach, Romn, and Perry. So, basically he won a tie, and was totally snubbed by the greatest use of trees in history.

I'm not showing who I like, I'm just pointing out the fact.

btw- check out the reports of Perry's flagrant adulturizations,... he certainly comes off as your typical antichrist politician,... and he totally sux as a fake Christian...

Herman Cain probably has oodles of underworld friends...

Romney is such a shill too...

The fact that the Lamestream Media is propping up the Big 3,... oy, you shoulda seen Chris Matthews yesterday (yea, I'm watching waaaay too much infuriation) trying to tell me what the field is shaping up as...

ONE WORD: DIEBOLD!!! Israeli made voting machines,... duuuuuh!!!!!

Everyone but Paul seems to answer to Tel Aviv,... disgusting,... you can't serve two masters...

The Two Party System is a Hegelian Dialectic.

DavidW

Quote from: snyprrr on August 16, 2011, 05:22:18 AM

I saw that on The Daily Show!  I understand that his odds are poor compared to those top three, but the media seem to be bending over backwards to be biased.

karlhenning

Quote from: snyprrr on August 16, 2011, 05:22:18 AM

Dude, I heard a former (Republican) Senator dismiss Paul as too goofy.

Which may make him an attractive candidate compared to Michelle Bachmann . . . .

Todd

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 16, 2011, 05:59:51 AMDude, I heard a former (Republican) Senator dismiss Paul as too goofy.

I can sort of see a resemblance.

I loved the prior debate when Mr Paul went on about legalizing heroin.  Not quite a Howard Dean scream, but if Paul had been a serious contender before, he wouldn't have been after.  He's so silly. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Superhorn

Choosing from these pathetic losers is like choosing between bubonic plague, the Ebola virus, the electro magnetic pulse,
    nuclear disaster, Tsunamis, earthquakes, and  the black plague.  God save us from any of them being elected ! 

Mirror Image

Quote from: Superhorn on August 16, 2011, 03:34:56 PM
    Choosing from these pathetic losers is like choosing between bubonic plague, the Ebola virus, the electro magnetic pulse,
    nuclear disaster, Tsunamis, earthquakes, and  the black plague.  God save us from any of them being elected !

:P

And I was the one called cynical by DavidW. :)

Brahmsian

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on August 14, 2011, 02:58:10 PM
Why I'm voting for Michele Bachmann:

Sarge

Should this also be in 'The Long View' thread?   8)

lisa needs braces

The reason why Ron Paul is being shunned is because of his stance on Israel. The Washington Post is through and through controlled by neocons when it comes to foreign policy issues, as is the modern Republican establishment in general. Paul has already ruffled feathers by publicly standing against the hysteria against Iran, and I get the feeling that the National Review/Fox News crowd would much rather see a Democrat elected as president than Ron Paul as the former would be less of a threat to their foreign policy priorities.

Todd

Quote from: Philoctetes on August 16, 2011, 04:05:12 PM
Um.. that's an easy choice. I've played Deus Ex before. EMP all the way!

Agreed.

Quote from: -abe- on August 16, 2011, 05:29:35 PMThe reason why Ron Paul is being shunned is because of his stance on Israel.

In best Mr Mackey voice:  Mmmkay.

lisa needs braces

Quote from: Todd on August 16, 2011, 05:39:52 PM
In best Mr Mackey voice:  Mmmkay.

Figures that you're a fan of that empty headed show.

Todd