Brexit

Started by vandermolen, May 01, 2017, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS

Quote from: SimonNZ on November 01, 2022, 01:30:17 PM
"a standard practice"

"brinksmanship"

Todd is right: McCarthy as Speaker will simply do what the GOP did under Obama when it controlled the House; investigate nothingburgers, try to use debt ceiling and budgets as blunt tools, obstruct Biden as much as they can and do as little legislating done as possible so they can make Biden look like a failure.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

SimonNZ

Quote from: JBS on November 01, 2022, 01:37:29 PM
Todd is right: McCarthy as Speaker will simply do what the GOP did under Obama when it controlled the House; investigate nothingburgers, try to use debt ceiling and budgets as blunt tools, obstruct Biden as much as they can and do as little legislating done as possible so they can make Biden look like a failure.

I don't doubt it. But I object to that being called merely "standard practice" instead of "highly irresponsible and potentially destructive childish performative nonsense"

Que

Guys, this is a thread about Brexit.

SimonNZ

Is the US politics thread perma-banned? I understand if it is, just asking.

JBS

Quote from: Que on November 01, 2022, 02:21:25 PM
Guys, this is a thread about Brexit.

Given how much American RW rhetoric the Tories and UKIPists have taken over (most recent example: asylum seekers are invaders) some bleedover is bound to occur.

BTW is UKIP still a thing? Or have Farage and friends all rolled back into the Conservatives?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Irons

Quote from: JBS on November 01, 2022, 07:21:32 PM

BTW is UKIP still a thing? Or have Farage and friends all rolled back into the Conservatives?

Dead on the vine. Farage did have a spell on "talk" radio but that came to an end. I did hear that he suffers back pain brought about by being a passenger in a light aeroplane that crashed.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Florestan

Last time I heard of/saw Nigel Farage was when he interviewed Novak Djokovic in Belgrade immediately after the Australian Open scandal. I've also heard / read that he actually relocated in France but I don't know iwhether it's true.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

The new erato

Quote from: Irons on November 02, 2022, 12:32:34 AM
Dead on the vine. Farage did have a spell on "talk" radio but that came to an end. I did hear that he suffers back pain brought about by being a passenger in a light aeroplane that crashed.
OK, so he's accustomed to crashes.