Author Topic: Coronavirus thread  (Read 33763 times)

Offline Dowder

• Self-employed at my troll farm
  • Currently Listening to:
    Bach, Haydn & Mozart, Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Russians, DP and DM
”But what is government but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.”~~James Madison, Federalist 51

Offline MusicTurner

Re: Coronavirus thread
« Reply #2242 on: May 29, 2020, 06:51:40 AM »
No exuberant summer holiday extravaganza here in Denmark, of course.

In spite of the opening up of society, the government just announced today that it won't recommend any other travel destinations than Norway, Iceland and Germany, until August 31st, for Danish citizens. I believe those government recommendations have importance in the field of assistance options and insurance when abroad, like it's the case of for example the occupied Crimea.

Also, only tourists from those countries will be let in, and provided that they have 1) six nights of booked accommodation in Denmark, and 2) none of those nights can be in Copenhagen.

I only planned domestic trips anyway, and I approve of strict measures in this situation, since a percentage of the population will behave like children unless told not to, but this must also be said to be hardline policy. The Swedes and other European destinations and nationalities were left out, because of higher fatalities rates. So tough times ahead for Copenhagen hotels, but they've also experienced a lot of growth in recent years, as money-making machines. I know, because I've worked at one.

Corona statistics continue to be good here, but any effects of the opening up and a generally more relaxed attitude among the public can't be established with certainty yet.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 07:06:54 AM by MusicTurner »

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Everything dies - Alien Bounty Hunter, The X-Files

Everyone dies - William Barr, United States Attorney General

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
Re: Coronavirus thread
« Reply #2244 on: May 30, 2020, 10:18:40 AM »
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Offline Todd