The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc ukrneal

Quote from: Brian on February 28, 2014, 07:04:20 AM
Well, my no-purchases-in-2014 moratorium included a clause of "...unless it's a bargain so good I'd be stupid not to." Since I don't own a single one of the included discs, the Lumieres offer qualifies. Purchased and shipped for USD $31 (a little surprised they didn't take out VAT?!).
They don't take out VAT from MP sellers on Amazon UK.

Sorry I was not clear it was UK and price in pounds. Still, a pretty good deal.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Brian

Wow, I already got notification that it shipped  :o

Pat B

Quote from: Brian on February 28, 2014, 07:04:20 AM
Well, my no-purchases-in-2014 moratorium included a clause of "...unless it's a bargain so good I'd be stupid not to." Since I don't own a single one of the included discs, the Lumieres offer qualifies. Purchased and shipped for USD $31...

This used to be on my wishlist (the only one I already have is Herreweghe's Beethoven 9), then I decided I could do without it, but I did want some of its constituents, so at this price I couldn't resist.

Jacobs' Figaro by itself is going for $42.

Ken B

Quote from: Brian on February 28, 2014, 07:41:27 AM
Wow, I already got notification that it shipped  :o
Some sellers do that so you don't have time to think, wow did I ever overpay maybe I should cancel. Probably the case here.

AnthonyAthletic

Arrived today, Grandi Verdi  :D

[asin]B00A4AI17A[/asin]
Great heads up, hope you all got yours

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

bigshot

I have the Brilliant Classics Beethoven box, but I couldn't pass up that Sony one. A lot of recordings on there by Zinman that I've been wanting to hear.

xaduci

Damn, I've been trying to save money for a new monitor, but following this thread makes it very difficult.   :laugh:

Drosera

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on February 28, 2014, 12:32:27 PM
Arrived today, Grandi Verdi  :D
Great heads up, hope you all got yours

I'm still waiting for mine. The status has been "Preparing for Dispatch" for four or five days now. This set needs a lot of preparation.

Moonfish

I have been reading these threads for a while now, but finally decided to join. This thread will be my demise as my living room is filling up with boxes.  Towering.....piles...

It .....is ....soooo...hard to......resist.....    ???

Thanks for that Verdi deal! 
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

stingo

Quote from: xaduci on February 28, 2014, 09:04:26 PM
Damn, I've been trying to save money for a new monitor, but following this thread makes it very difficult.   :laugh:

Quite the enablers here.

Que

Quote from: Moonfish on March 01, 2014, 09:49:54 AM
I have been reading these threads for a while now, but finally decided to join. This thread will be my demise as my living room is filling up with boxes.  Towering.....piles...

Welcome to the club!  :) And ......good luck...... ;)

Q

Ken B

I'll look for you over on the CDCDCD thread ... :-\

bhodges

Hi Moonfish! Welcome! If you like, tell us something more about your listening in the "Introductions" section - what composers and pieces you like. (I assume Verdi is one of them.) And you will find many ears here sympathetic to your collecting dilemma.  8)  ;D

--Bruce

Moonfish

Thanks for the warm welcome!  :)
I will do my best to be as addicted to classical music as the rest of the crowd..

What do you guys think about this "mystery" box due out on March 28 from Sony? I haven't found any other info at this point in time.
It is going for 75 Euros (-VAT).

http://www.amazon.de/50-Great-Recordings-Glenn-Gould/dp/B00I595C6U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=16D4NF68QR3V6MYNNNEA

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Living Stereo II, $94 at Presto

I'm giving it a pass but anyone not hip deep already might find it interesting.

Moonfish

Quote from: Ken B on March 01, 2014, 02:10:15 PM
Living Stereo II, $94 at Presto

I'm giving it a pass but anyone not hip deep already might find it interesting.

54 GBP (-VAT) at Amazon.UK.  Cannot resist such a price....
Anna Lappé

Manos

Quote from: Moonfish on March 01, 2014, 02:15:03 PM
54 GBP (-VAT) at Amazon.UK.  Cannot resist such a price....

Another good price can be found at MDT: £46.29 w/o VAT. Shipping to Michigan is £19.25, slightly cheaper than Amazon.co.uk's £22.58 shipping charge.

http://www.mdt.co.uk/living-stereo-collection-volume-2-set-rca-red-seal-60cds.html

Ken B

Quote from: Manos on March 01, 2014, 08:27:53 PM
Another good price can be found at MDT: £46.29 w/o VAT. Shipping to Michigan is £19.25, slightly cheaper than Amazon.co.uk's £22.58 shipping charge.

http://www.mdt.co.uk/living-stereo-collection-volume-2-set-rca-red-seal-60cds.html
What shipping you choosing? I live 20 miles from you and can get it for L48 including shipping from amazon uk. Thats $84 all in.

Pat B

Agree about the Annie Fischer Icon set. 8 discs is a nice size, though $38 seems high both for the Icon series and the SDCB thread.

jpc lists the contents of the "50 Great Recordings" set here. I can resist this -- I think I already have most of what I want from it.