The Joke Thread

Started by karlhenning, April 25, 2007, 12:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milk

adding to my collection of Jewish Jokes (stolen from Gilbert Gottfried - um, don't tell it if you're not Jewish?):

A Jewish couple goes to the doctor because they're having trouble in the bedroom. The doctor says, "there's an operation I can do on the husband that'll change everything. If you get it, it'll fix all the troubles with your sex-life. You'll be delighted. The operation will cost 900$. I want you to go home and think about this and come back tomorrow and tell me your decision. It costs 900$, but it will transform your love-making."
The next day the couple comes back and the doctor asks them what they've decided.
They reply, "we've decided to redo the kitchen cabinets." 

geralmar

Irons

A group of friends all turning 40, discussed where to meet for lunch.
Finally, it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Kingston because the bar staff had big tits.

Ten years later, at age of 50, they discussed where to eat for lunch.
Finally, they agreed to meet at Wetherspoons, Kingston because the bar staff were attractive and excellent beer selection.

Ten years later, at 60, they again discussed where to eat for lunch.
Finally, it was agreed to meet at Wetherspoons, Kingston because plenty of parking, and dine in peace with no loud music, and value for money.

Ten years later, at 70, the friends discussed where to meet.
Finally, it was agreed to meet at Wetherspoons at Kingston, because it was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

Ten years later, at 80, the friends discussed where they should meet up for lunch.
Finally, it was agreed to meet at Wetherspoons in Kingston, because they had never been there before.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on April 02, 2020, 12:29:15 AM
A group of friends all turning 40, discussed where to meet for lunch.
Finally, it was agreed that they would meet at Wetherspoons in Kingston because the bar staff had big tits.

Ten years later, at age of 50, they discussed where to eat for lunch.
Finally, they agreed to meet at Wetherspoons, Kingston because the bar staff were attractive and excellent beer selection.

Ten years later, at 60, they again discussed where to eat for lunch.
Finally, it was agreed to meet at Wetherspoons, Kingston because plenty of parking, and dine in peace with no loud music, and value for money.

Ten years later, at 70, the friends discussed where to meet.
Finally, it was agreed to meet at Wetherspoons at Kingston, because it was wheelchair accessible and had a toilet for the disabled.

Ten years later, at 80, the friends discussed where they should meet up for lunch.
Finally, it was agreed to meet at Wetherspoons in Kingston, because they had never been there before.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Here are some family-friendly ones:  https://www.funology.com/bird-jokes/

Here's one:  Q: Why did Mozart sell his chickens?
                   A: Because they kept saying "bach bach"!

Lots of boos, but good if you have young kids (or know ones).   :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Iota

Man walks into a bar .....

Lucky Bastard

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Iota on April 16, 2020, 01:44:17 PM
Man walks into a bar .....

Lucky Bastard
:laugh:

Luckier still if he has at least a homemade mask (sad to say).
Pohjolas Daughter

Florestan

An Irishman walks out of a bar.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

steve ridgway

drogulus

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

steve ridgway

Quote from: drogulus on April 18, 2020, 07:26:13 AM
     Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

I can't believe I just said that ;).

drogulus

Zeno walks half way into a bar......Zeno walks half way into a bar......
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Irons

Just announced!
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Florestan

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 18, 2020, 08:52:41 AM
I can't believe I just said that ;).

I'll dream you both away this night.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Papy Oli

Olivier

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 19, 2020, 03:36:48 AM
:laugh:

Hell of a 100th birthday party  :laugh:

Wonder if ours will be as good when we get there, Olivier. ;)

Papy Oli

Quote from: Irons on April 19, 2020, 06:08:35 AM
Wonder if ours will be as good when we get there, Olivier. ;)

Will be nice to get there, Lol... some nice chocolate, a glass of sherry and blasting Walton's 1st on the retirement home's speakers, that'd be nice... can't wait... ;D
Olivier

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on April 19, 2020, 09:21:57 AM
Will be nice to get there, Lol... some nice chocolate, a glass of sherry and blasting Walton's 1st on the retirement home's speakers, that'd be nice... can't wait... ;D

Turn it up a bit! I can't hear it!!