Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

Continuing to expand my graphic novel collection:

All of these editions are hardcovers as I refuse to buy trade paperbacks any longer. Also, several of these are Absolute Editions, which are enlarged and make reading IMHO much more enjoyable and also exposes the beauty of the artwork. I bought all of these graphic novels from InStockTrades except for the Wonder Woman Omnibus by George Perez, which I bought from Amazon. All were bought at heavily discounted prices.

Mirror Image

Autumn Leaves

Got an Amazon voucher as a Christmas present so:

New Order: Retro box set
Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Tarkus (Expanded Edition)

George

Not purchases, thoughtful gifts from my better half.

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Autumn Leaves

Quote from: George on December 27, 2016, 11:17:13 AM

Not purchases, thoughtful gifts from my better half.

These are nice - love the WYWH shirt (my copy of the album has the same artwork as this) :).

kishnevi

Highlighting the most famous sign in New England

Mirror Image

Just bought the Steven Wilson remixes (both in stereo and in 5.1 surround) of the following albums:

Mirror Image

aligreto

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2017, 08:37:49 AM
Just bought:

What a beautiful set. I am sure that you will enjoy every moment of it  8)

Mirror Image

Quote from: aligreto on January 06, 2017, 09:18:42 AM
What a beautiful set. I am sure that you will enjoy every moment of it  8)

Thanks, I'm particularly interested in the vinyl since I've got my record player up and running. :)

aligreto

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 06, 2017, 09:27:51 AM
Thanks, I'm particularly interested in the vinyl since I've got my record player up and running. :)

Welcome back to the vinyl vault  8)

Needless to say it sounds great on vinyl  ;)

Mirror Image

Quote from: aligreto on January 06, 2017, 10:30:51 AM
Welcome back to the vinyl vault  8)

Needless to say it sounds great on vinyl  ;)

Yeah, I've got several new vinyl recordings that I'd like to test drive.

George

Quote from: sanantonio on January 06, 2017, 11:53:59 AM
Even at 3x that it would still be a great deal - one of the best Miles boxes ever released. Congratz   ;)

Thanks!  8)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Mirror Image

Bought the new Steven Wilson remix and 5.1 surround sound mix of this classic Hackett album:

Wilson has also done Hackett's Please Don't Touch, but I'm waiting on Voyage of the Acolyte. I'm also hoping Wilson will be able to remix Genesis' early albums. Those albums are in dire need of it! Let's hope Tony Banks and the rest of the band give him the approval to do it.

Autumn Leaves

Bought a new record this week - Red House Painters' second self-titled album:

Autumn Leaves

Latest purchase:

Changed my mind about getting this but finally pulled the trigger on it today - Bon Iver's new record.
I read some mixed reviews of this album online so I am very curious about it (and I really like the previous 2 Bon Iver records).

listener

a box of 8 Sacha Guitry classics from 1936-1938, PAL with English sub-titles
- "Le Nouveau testament"
- "Le Roman d'un tricheur"
- "Mon père avait raison"
- "Faisons un rêve"
- "Les Perles de la couronne"
- "Le Mot de Cambronne"
- "Désiré"
- "Quadrille"
- "Remontons les Champs-Élysées"
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

NikF

I just bought this collection of Bukowski poetry. I don't usually post what I buy (or all I listen to or all I watch) however I recently finished reading him for the first time - 'The Most Beautiful Woman in Town & Other Stories' - and was surprised by what I found. I can't say that he speaks to me exactly, but what he described and even more, the manner in which he described it was kind of familiar, and so perhaps even (although I'm sure this isn't the word I'm looking for) comforting? Huh.

[asin]0876853629[/asin]
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

NikF

Muscle and Mayhem: The Saginaw Kid and the Fistic World of the 1890s 

[asin]1457518406[/asin]
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".