The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Dread

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 04, 2009, 10:14:05 AM
What happened to that nice Elgarian chap?

He's climbing the Mountain of TooMuchToDo, and drowning in the Lake of GetMeOutOfHere, and spitting fire in all directions and being very not nice at all to everyone and everything - yes even to small cuddly furry creatures - in his desperation. He has even threatened to tear up his favourite comics, but will anyone listen? No!

Elgarian

Quote from: Brian on August 04, 2009, 12:20:35 PM
He's online.  :) He's even reading this thread.

You see? They have CCTV recording our every move.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Elgarian on August 04, 2009, 12:28:38 PM
He's climbing the Mountain of TooMuchToDo, and drowning in the Lake of GetMeOutOfHere, and spitting fire in all directions and being very not nice at all to everyone and everything - yes even to small cuddly furry creatures - in his desperation. He has even threatened to tear up his favourite comics, but will anyone listen? No!

What do you do, if I may ask?

knight66

Dave, I believe he just told you.

8) Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Dr. Dread

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 04, 2009, 12:39:25 PM
What do you do, if I may ask?

At this moment, I'm (a) editing a journal; and (b) preparing an article for publication in another one; and (c) trying to prepare a lecture. And the whole world is conspiring against me in all of these endeavours, and has been so doing for several days now.

I believe Mozart is at the root of it somewhere.

Elgarian

I mean - not Mozart - but whoever Mozart really is.

Elgarian

I'm telling you, this rare 1962 issue of The Beano comic is going to be toast, if this goes on.

knight66

I notice you blame our faultless poster Mozart, then threaten to destroy an inanimate object: Antisocial behaviour: I know this great therapist, Dr Melfi, she really stuck with that Tony Soprano guy. I am sure she would see you.

PM me for her contact details.

0:) Mike  0:)

DavidW

Quote from: knight on August 04, 2009, 12:56:07 PM
I notice you blame our faultless poster Mozart, then threaten to destroy an inanimate object: Antisocial behaviour: I know this great therapist, Dr Melfi, she really stuck with that Tony Soprano guy. I am sure she would see you.

PM me for her contact details.

0:) Mike  0:)

She also has nice legs. 0:)

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on August 04, 2009, 12:56:07 PM
I notice you blame our faultless poster Mozart, then threaten to destroy an inanimate object: Antisocial behaviour

Just be thankful you haven't seen me with the small furry cuddly creatures. Boy, did I make them pay!

knight66

Nah....no one cares about them!

Mike

Elgarian

DavidW

Quote from: knight on August 04, 2009, 01:02:22 PM
Nah....no one cares about them!

Mike

Now I'm not sure if you're talking about the small furry cuddly creatures or the nice legs! :D

Elgarian

Quote from: DavidW on August 04, 2009, 01:05:07 PM
Now I'm not sure if you're talking about the small furry cuddly creatures or the nice legs! :D

My point exactly, David. What happened to those good old days, when precision of expression really mattered? When people knew the difference between a small furry cuddly creature and a pair of legs? I mean, what do they teach kids in schools these days?

knight66

Well, really! OK. Precision of expression.....'them' is an extension of the word 'he' in the possessive. So the strict use is to animate objects. Had I been referring only to part of an animate object, or to inanimate objects, I would have used the word 'those'.

I assumed you would have automatically kept up there guys.

;D

Mike

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on August 04, 2009, 01:14:59 PM
I assumed you would have automatically kept up there guys.

Yeah, but we've not been well, Mike.

Elgarian

What happened to that nice MN Dave chap?