The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

knight66

Right...who just did that? I just had a powercut. Finally managed to find the torch and the power came on again.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

MN Dave

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on November 24, 2009, 11:51:34 AM
Right...who just did that?

It really was Dave. I saw him do it.

MN Dave

Thank you, handy-dandy teleportation device!

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on November 24, 2009, 12:47:37 PM
Thank you, handy-dandy teleportation device!

Have you upgraded to the Mark V? Or are you still using the Mark IV, with the wobbly handle?

MN Dave

Quote from: Elgarian on November 24, 2009, 12:54:35 PM
Have you upgraded to the Mark V? Or are you still using the Mark IV, with the wobbly handle?

Mark IV, but I had someone adjust the handle so it works fine now.

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on November 24, 2009, 01:21:14 PM
Mark IV, but I had someone adjust the handle so it works fine now.

That's good. I was going to warn you off upgrading to the Mark V. The multifangulated output connector doesn't work properly, and although the instruction book recommends seven bimodulated aerial degrundulators, it actually works better with six.

Elgarian

Incidentally, I've heard some people claim that it doesn't matter how many bimodulated aerial degrundulators you use. Can you believe that?

MN Dave

greg

Quote from: Elgarian on November 24, 2009, 01:42:45 PM
Incidentally, I've heard some people claim that it doesn't matter how many bimodulated aerial degrundulators you use. Can you believe that?
I've just found my new pickup line.

Benji

Do you know what this thread is missing? Biscuit chat.

Crazy coincidence that after I was enlightening you all with tales of jaffa cakes and biscuits and how important they are to the British way of life, popular Stephen Fry vehicle/quiz show QI should pick up exactly that subject.

http://www.youtube.com/v/8SoBNKu0-z0&feature=related

Fast forward to 5:00 for a quintessentialy English anecdote. And if you can't be bothered:

"I think it was, in the second World War, they would have people from the ministry of Labour going around checking on everybody, and . . . particularly on the big estates, to see if all these people could . . . if someone could be released for essential war work, and they went to . . . to Chatsworth, where the Duke of Devonshire's estate was, and they . . . you know, stopwatch and clipboard, and they checked everybody, and eventually, they had an interview with the . . . with the Duke, and they said, "Well, your Grace, we can understand that you need, er, 47 gardeners and 13 under-gardeners, and you need, er, erm, grooms, and you need chauffeurs, and you need, er, upstairs maids and downstairs maids and in-between maids and laundry room maids and stillroom maids and kitchen maids and nursemaids and housemaids and parlour maids, and we can understand that, er, you need the boy to scrape the knives and boots, and you need the butler and the four footmen, and the under-butler . . . but we wonder if a man economy might be made . . . Do you . . . Does your Grace necessarily need two pastry cooks?"

To which he apparently replied, "Oh, damn it. Can't a man have a biscuit?" . . . Which is, I mean . . . you know, we're all prepared to make sacrifices, and beat the Hun, but I mean, really. That's going a bit far, isn't it?"

Benji

Quote from: Corey on November 26, 2009, 09:33:34 AM
Star Wars Facebook Updates :D

That was good for a chuckle, thanks!  :D

Attached a similar joke Facebook profile...this time it's Hitler's facebook. The original is in Spanish so I annoted it with rough translations.  :)

greg

Brahmsian

I'm surprised Opus106 doesn't have a BWV???? as a user name.  :D

Was there a big explosion I'm not aware of......is anyone still alive?  ???

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

knight66

Cricket's over for the winter here.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Opus106

Quote from: knight on November 27, 2009, 10:33:56 AM
Cricket's over for the winter here.

Mike

Sri Lanka lost by an innings and 144 runs today to India.
Regards,
Navneeth

Brahmsian

Quote from: Opus106 on November 27, 2009, 10:40:12 AM
Sri Lanka lost by an innings and 144 runs today to India.

High Five, dude!  :)