The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezmonster

Brahmsian

Has anyone heard from JdP lately?   I know he has been ill, hope he's doing OK.

Coco

Check out this Mahler t-shirt design I made :D

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Coco on July 08, 2011, 06:27:28 PM
Check out this Mahler t-shirt design I made :D

Whoa!  :o
What score is that? I would definitely buy this if it were made.

Coco

Quote from: Greg on July 09, 2011, 07:14:30 AM
Whoa!  :o
What score is that? I would definitely buy this if it were made.

It's from the 8th — and you can buy it!

http://www.zazzle.com/235394043920570505?side_front=vert&style=basic_tshirt_light&color=mint&size=a_s&context=rothelle&view=front

I've already ordered one. :D

Coco

Say hello to my new kitten Myrrha! :D

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Coco on July 09, 2011, 08:15:09 AM
It's from the 8th — and you can buy it!

http://www.zazzle.com/235394043920570505?side_front=vert&style=basic_tshirt_light&color=mint&size=a_s&context=rothelle&view=front

I've already ordered one. :D
I created an account and logged in, but got this while clicking the link:

QuoteThe product that you have requested is unavailable. This is likely because:
You do not have access to the product ,
The product ID is not valid, or
The product was deleted
If you got to this page after manually entering the URL into the Address field of your browser, please make sure that it is spelled correctly.
To return to the previous page:
I also did a search with the term "mahler" and couldn't find it. I even tried googling Mahler t-shirts, and couldn't find it.

Quote from: Coco on July 09, 2011, 05:26:21 PM
:)

Coco

Quote from: Greg on July 09, 2011, 06:27:12 PM
I created an account and logged in, but got this while clicking the link:
I also did a search with the term "mahler" and couldn't find it. I even tried googling Mahler t-shirts, and couldn't find it.

Weird, well I can send you the file for the image and you can make the shirt like I did. Or maybe you should wait until I get mine, just in case it's crappy. :P

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Coco on July 09, 2011, 09:42:21 PM
Weird, well I can send you the file for the image and you can make the shirt like I did. Or maybe you should wait until I get mine, just in case it's crappy. :P
I think I'll wait until you get yours. When you do, if you can tell me a few things like the cost, how it fits, and what happens if you dry it, that would be awesome. I usually wear a medium, but if it's going to shrink a lot when I wash it, I might want a large.

I need a couple more shirts- custom T-shirts are expensive, so I'll probably only get 2 for now- a Mahler shirt and a Meshuggah shirt. Promotion, man, promotion!  :D

Jay F

Quote from: Coco on July 09, 2011, 05:26:21 PM

How cute. I love white cats.

Coco

Quote from: Greg on July 10, 2011, 07:42:47 AM
I think I'll wait until you get yours. When you do, if you can tell me a few things like the cost, how it fits, and what happens if you dry it, that would be awesome. I usually wear a medium, but if it's going to shrink a lot when I wash it, I might want a large.

I need a couple more shirts- custom T-shirts are expensive, so I'll probably only get 2 for now- a Mahler shirt and a Meshuggah shirt. Promotion, man, promotion!  :D

They have different types of shirts — the more expensive ones probably fit better, if you're concerned about that. I got the American Apparel shirt because I'm a ponce. :P

Quote from: Jay F on July 10, 2011, 04:40:45 PM
How cute. I love white cats.

She says "thank you." :D

eyeresist

I own this (the music across the top is the opening of the 9th). As Vyvyan would say, "Very metal":

Brian

Met a girl in a bar. We debated which quartet was better, Takacs or Emerson.

Greg, move to London.

karlhenning

What were your own arguments? : )

Brian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 11, 2011, 03:01:04 PM
What were your own arguments? : )

She mentioned that the Emersons stood through a concert she saw, at which point I intervened on behalf of the Pavel Haas Quartet, and, having seen them live 5 times (!), was able to successfully persuade her into whipping out her smart phone and googling them. She's gonna give them a listen because she loves Janacek ... and thinks the cellist is hot.  ;D

ibanezmonster

ibanezmonster

I've found the new guitar I want:

http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptor930rnblackflame.html

Agile 930

I even read about someone buying it and worry about certain things, but turned out to be well-made and satisfying.
It's tuned:
e-a-b-e-a-d-g-b-e, but I bet you could get away with tuning the low e down to a, which would be the lowest note of the grand piano.
8)

Brian

Here's my blog about why I like Google+. If anyone really cares about that kind of thing. Oh, and feel free to add me. I definitely need a "dead composer enthusiast" circle!

ibanezmonster

Ok, forget that 9 string.

Halo XSI 10
27 frets.
Tuning:
C#-F#-B-E-A-D-G-B-E-A

If low C# is tuned to bottom A of piano, range is the piano minus the very top C#-C octave. That can be fixed with an octave pedal.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Brian on July 12, 2011, 02:49:31 PM
Here's my blog about why I like Google+. If anyone really cares about that kind of thing. Oh, and feel free to add me. I definitely need a "dead composer enthusiast" circle!
I signed up. Looking forward to when it's ready.