Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinP

A once frequent contributor to this tread, my metaphorical subscription lapsed long ago, and going to my newest post took me to page 91, so I don't know if this has been posted before. It probably should have been.

Alek Hidell

Well, welcome back, KevinP!

That's an awfully large image you've got there ... ;)
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: KevinP on August 09, 2019, 04:39:57 AM
A once frequent contributor to this tread, my metaphorical subscription lapsed long ago, and going to my newest post took me to page 91, so I don't know if this has been posted before. It probably should have been.

I thought that was a made-up image (thanks to someone having fun with Photoshop), but...

It's real:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hovhaness-Symphony-Prayer-Gregory-Rubaiyat/dp/B0009XT84W

Alek Hidell

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on August 09, 2019, 08:21:07 PM
I thought that was a made-up image (thanks to someone having fun with Photoshop), but...

It's real:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hovhaness-Symphony-Prayer-Gregory-Rubaiyat/dp/B0009XT84W

Yes, I believe our vandermolen has mentioned this one before (in a different thread), panning Michael York's narration.

I am so glad that flipped-up collar thing never really caught on ...
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

KevinP

I posted that from my phone, so I had no idea how big it was until now.

But every time I see it, I think: golf magazine cover.

KevinP

Plus it's so garish you don't realise the awkwardness of:
Trombone
Christian Lindberg
soloist

71 dB

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on August 09, 2019, 08:21:07 PM

Quote from: KevinP on August 11, 2019, 02:56:25 PM
But every time I see it, I think: golf magazine cover.

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

KevinP

Madiel

Quote from: KevinP on August 11, 2019, 04:49:26 PM
Much improved.

I doubt Tiger Woods is anywhere near as good a narrator.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Mookalafalas

This one just makes me sad. The poor guy. Putting his trust in the production company and photographer...
   [asin]B07RF4KTHP[/asin]
It's all good...

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Mookalafalas on August 13, 2019, 06:14:14 AM
This one just makes me sad. The poor guy. Putting his trust in the production company and photographer...
   [asin]B07RF4KTHP[/asin]

Be like Bernhard, boys and girls. Be a tree.

KevinP

I feel sorry for the birds he's aiming at,

Peter Power Pop

When I first saw this, I thought it was silly for the guy on the left to be facing the other way. But the more I looked at the cover, the worse it got.

My complaints:

1. The guy on the left facing the other way.
2. There's too much purple covering a black-and-white photo.
3. That purple is actually a sneaker sole imprint.
4. And that underscore between "irvin" and "epoque" can go away anytime it likes.

I must say that this album cover ended up annoying me more than I thought it would when I simply saw the guy on the left.

Brian

Madiel

Quote from: Brian on August 26, 2019, 09:45:29 AM
Here's quite an invitation:

Here is a small blank square.

I'm getting the same on your latest post in New Releases.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

JBS

Quote from: Madiel on August 26, 2019, 12:57:52 PM
Here is a small blank square.

I'm getting the same on your latest post in New Releases.
Apparently some ISPs are blocking Naxos because its security certificate has lapsed.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Peter Power Pop

Ken B

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on August 16, 2019, 03:44:54 PM
When I first saw this, I thought it was silly for the guy on the left to be facing the other way. But the more I looked at the cover, the worse it got.

My complaints:

1. The guy on the left facing the other way.
2. There's too much purple covering a black-and-white photo.
3. That purple is actually a sneaker sole imprint.
4. And that underscore between "irvin" and "epoque" can go away anytime it likes.

I must say that this album cover ended up annoying me more than I thought it would when I simply saw the guy on the left.
I remember that album. That was the source of the Brian Epstein is dead rumor.

Brian

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on August 26, 2019, 02:06:33 PM
Is this the cover?

Yes!

Hopefully Naxos renews their security certificate soon. That's a genuine issue. Looks like my Chrome browser now blocks their marketing/distro site.

Mookalafalas

Hmmm. Birth, fecundity, beauty springing forth from the seed...sprouting potato? Something not quite working here.
It's all good...