Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Peter Power Pop

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Moonfish on November 07, 2014, 05:08:42 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Very..err...creative in a smurfy way!

Unfortunately for everyone here, the very first thing I thought of when I saw that album cover was "Smurfs!"

I'm happy to populate the cover with anything you can think of. Just say the word (or words), and I'll fire up the graphics program.

EigenUser

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on November 07, 2014, 07:02:09 PM
Unfortunately for everyone here, the very first thing I thought of when I saw that album cover was "Smurfs!"

I'm happy to populate the cover with anything you can think of. Just say the word (or words), and I'll fire up the graphics program.
Ligeti.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Moonfish

Violin babes!  ::)
Anna Lappé

snyprrr

Michelle Janneke, please!! Prefer a gif...

Ken B

The famous "Fab Four" from the1960s ....
Diana Rigg, Lee Remick, Raquel Welch, Jill St John.
>:D :laugh:

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Moonfish on November 08, 2014, 05:18:54 AM
Violin babes!  ::)

Quote from: snyprrr on November 08, 2014, 06:17:24 AM
Michelle Janneke, please!! Prefer a gif...

Quote from: Ken B on November 08, 2014, 06:57:19 AM
The famous "Fab Four" from the1960s ....
Diana Rigg, Lee Remick, Raquel Welch, Jill St John.
>:D :laugh:

Oh dear.

I don't know how to respond to you lustful gentlemen.

Let me start by saying... er, ah, um...

I can do it, but adorning album covers with women may be a little problematic. The main reason is because of its subjectivity (e.g., "Why did you choose that photo? This one's much better!" or "No, she looks much better from the right side!" or "Ewww, she's so old/young/blonde/brunette/red-headed!" etc.).

I can modify album covers until the cows come home (Reminder to self: Put a cow on a cover – preferably in a piano), but I'll need a bit of guidance if you're wantin' girlie pics. Which photos? Publicity shots? Private pics? Seductive poses? Lounging? Looking bored? Excited? Simpering? Glowering? A lot of clothes? Not a lot of clothes?

As much as I enjoy viewing the attractiveness of the female form (and I do), I must admit that I prefer something far sillier. Something like a violinist lurking in the bushes, a pianist skiing down a mountain on his or her piano, a conductor riding a flaming Segway, that kind of thing.

All of the above probably sounds far more serious than I intended it to sound. Sorry about that.

It's just that, for me anyway, this is all very weird. Until now, I've never been asked to modify images by adding people of the female persuasion. And it makes me feel distinctly uncomfortable.

It's fraught, I tell ya. Fraught!

Brian

Don't do it, Peter. It makes you uncomfortable, it would make me and several others uncomfortable, and should a woman ever visit this thread it would make her uncomfortable. It's for a poor cause.

Thank you for your honesty, directness, and willingness to speak up.

And on top of that Michelle Jenneke is barely 21 and became an "internet sensation" when underage.

Not that I'm opposed to ALL violin babes!!

Ken B

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on November 08, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
Oh dear.

I don't know how to respond you lustful gentlemen.

Let me start by saying... er, ah, um...

I can do it, but adorning album covers with women may be a little problematic. The main reason is because of its subjectivity (e.g., "Why did you choose that photo? This one's much better!" or "No, she looks much better from the right side!" or "Ewww, she's so old/young/blonde/brunette/red-headed!" etc.).

I can modify album covers until the cows come home (Reminder to self: Put a cow on a cover – preferably in a piano), but I'll need a bit of guidance if you're wantin' girlie pics. Which photos? Publicity shots? Private pics? Seductive poses? Lounging? Looking bored? Excited? Simpering? Glowering? A lot of clothes? Not a lot of clothes?

As much as I enjoy viewing the attractiveness of the female form (and I do), I must admit that I prefer something far sillier. Something like a violinist lurking in the bushes, a pianist skiing down a mountain on his or her piano, a conductor riding a flaming Segway, that kind of thing.

All of the above probably sounds far more serious than I intended it to sound. Sorry about that.

It's just that, for me anyway, this is all very weird. Until now, I've never been asked to modify images by adding people of the female persuasion. And it makes me feel distinctly uncomfortable.

It's fraught, I tell ya. Fraught!

Look at those eyes!

Look at that fraughtness!

Moonfish

Monkeys?
Anna Lappé

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Ken B on November 08, 2014, 08:01:50 PM
Look at those eyes!

Those are very lovely eyes.

Quote from: Ken B on November 08, 2014, 08:01:50 PMLook at that fraughtness!

Yes, Raquel is full of fraught (and reminding me of Ursula Andress in Dr. No).

But to put these ladies in surreptitious places on album covers makes me uneasy.

How about a chorus of chipmunks instead? Penguins? World-famous musicians whose egos could do with a little deflating? How about politicians? Any world leaders take your fancy*?

(*So to speak.)

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on November 08, 2014, 10:58:45 PM
Any world leaders take your fancy*?
Putin. Do whatever you want with him.

Brian

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on November 08, 2014, 10:58:45 PMWorld-famous musicians whose egos could do with a little deflating?
How about Bono surrounded by tiny Sonny Bonos?

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Brian on November 09, 2014, 12:24:22 PM

All dancing on Chaz Bono's head.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Brian on November 09, 2014, 12:24:22 PM

I'll see what I can do (when I stop laughing).

Peter Power Pop

Brian

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on November 09, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Monkeys? Yep – and I know just what to do.
The Monkees surrounded by Monkeys?