Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Ken B on December 21, 2014, 01:51:10 PM
Yeah, but is it a picture of him after he's killed someone?  >:D :laugh:
Stealing my lines like always!  ;D

amw

Kontarsky & Kontarsky LLC have been the most trusted name in insurance law and/or funeral direction for over 30 years. Place your insurance needs and/or loved ones' corpses in safe hands.

Purusha

Quote from: ritter on December 21, 2014, 01:58:43 PMbut not really photogenic  >:(...

He looked fine as a young man:

It is hard to be photogenic when your face is being ravaged by old age and illness.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: amw on December 21, 2014, 09:40:51 PM
Kontarsky & Kontarsky LLC have been the most trusted name in insurance law and/or funeral direction for over 30 years. Place your insurance needs and/or loved ones' corpses in safe hands.

Oh dear.

I suppose there could be a photo of the lads where they look more glum than they do here – but I doubt it.

I much prefer the image chosen for the reissue:

I think that particular cover is dreadful, but at least it doesn't have Messers Dreary and Downer looking at you.

By the way, here's a publicity photo of the chaps:

When I saw that photo I thought to myself, "Are these two even talking to each other?"

I don't know why, but DG used that photo of the two boys not even pretending to appear to be harmonious siblings for a cover:

These guys must be a nightmare for their management team. ("Are you sure you don't have any photos of them smiling? Really? Well, how about a photo where just one of them is smiling? No? Not at all?")

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: EigenUser on December 21, 2014, 02:52:26 AMOh my god, I love how one of the pieces is Impressions from Childhood.

Some childhood.

Quote from: Abuelo Igor on December 21, 2014, 12:52:24 PMActually, when I got to listen to it, Impressions of childhood, despite its title, was a pretty dark piece.

Yep.

http://www.youtube.com/v/k6tGKrGckWk

Ken B

Quote from: Purusha on December 21, 2014, 09:58:06 PM
He looked fine as a young man:

He has that There, in the back row, that's the one I'll kill look.

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Purusha

Quote from: EigenUser on December 20, 2014, 04:54:38 PM
Can you seriously tell me that this picture doesn't make it look like Stockhausen is flying four RC helicopters?

It looks like he's flying with them. Off blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNyG-xu-7SQ

Moonfish

Quote from: EigenUser on December 20, 2014, 04:54:38 PM
Can you seriously tell me that this picture doesn't make it look like Stockhausen is flying four RC helicopters?

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Bogey on December 22, 2014, 09:53:59 AM

This just shouldn't exist.

When I saw that image my jaw actually dropped.

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Bogey on December 22, 2014, 09:53:59 AM

This just shouldn't exist.

You made that up, didn't you Bill? Seriously, someone needs to take Photoshop away from you!   :P

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Gurn Blanston

First thing that came to mind:

Can't be helped, I suppose. ::)

8)

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Bogey

Dancing Divertimentian

Yeah, I posted this one a couple years ago, with the same reference to funerals. :laugh:

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on November 15, 2012, 01:53:00 PM
Happy times at the undertakers convention...

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Ken B on December 22, 2014, 02:52:26 PM
Missed one.

Ha! The preview won't show it! Smart preview! Warning: Once seen this cannot be unseen. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/R2dHibDVMpI/AAAAAAAAGiA/WaSYA97htAI/s1600-h/gay.jpg

I found it elsewhere.

Now you can see it. And not unsee it.