Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

How many Eminem fans do you suppose added this to their cart?

And I don't think this classic has been noted yet:

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: SimonNZ on July 29, 2015, 03:40:20 PM

How many Eminem fans do you suppose added this to their cart?

I have no idea.

Here's the back cover:

I don't think I'd call it Extreme Classics. I'd call it The Loud Album.

I'd also not call Khachaturian's Gayaneh "Gayne".

Update: Well, waddaya know? I just looked up the spelling of "Gayaneh" to make sure it was right (I've only ever seen it as "Gayaneh"), and according to Wikipedia it's actually "Gayane":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayane_(ballet)[/a]

Wikipedia says it can also be spelled "Gayaneh" or "Gayne".

So "Gayne" is correct as well. Who knew? (Not me.)

Peter Power Pop

I'm pretty sure I've never said this phrase before, but I'm going to say it now:

Good grief.

SimonNZ

Another from the RCA series:

Peter Power Pop

Peter Power Pop

When I was looking for a larger image of Extreme Classics (see above), I came across another album with the same title...

I think that's what I'd call un-extreme. What's with the dreary cloudiness? And don't get me started on all those composer names squished at the bottom.

Madiel

Having recently become acquainted with "The Water Goblin" and its story I can't see anything wrong with that cover. He's not supposed to be pleasant to look at. If he was, being abducted by him and forced to marry wouldn't be such a problem.

And he tears the head off his own child in the end.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Dancing Divertimentian

"Dang...I think I lost my gum".

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on August 01, 2015, 08:26:07 PM
"Dang...I think I lost my gum".

Oops. I thought that was "I think I lost my gun."

Now I'm imaging them as two hitmen on holiday, à la In Bruges.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: orfeo on July 30, 2015, 05:30:29 AM
Having recently become acquainted with "The Water Goblin" and its story I can't see anything wrong with that cover. He's not supposed to be pleasant to look at. If he was, being abducted by him and forced to marry wouldn't be such a problem.

Fair enough. But thanks to the ubiquity of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I look at that cover and think, "My Preciousssss."

In addition to the above, I also think of another green creature, Rameau's Platée:

https://www.youtube.com/v/82njDjqS6mQ

Quote from: orfeo on July 30, 2015, 05:30:29 AM
And he tears the head off his own child in the end.

As you do.

The new erato

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on August 01, 2015, 09:21:36 PM

In addition to the above, I also think of another green creature, Rameau's Platée:

https://www.youtube.com/v/82njDjqS6mQ

I have that on DVD and this is an extraordinary performance of a great opera:

Paul Agnew's performance of the title role is superb, also from an acting perspective, and extremely funny, and I still cannot think of that opera without it bringing a smile to my lips

André

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 29, 2015, 05:47:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I've never said this phrase before, but I'm going to say it now:

Good grief.

Just sayin' : it ought to be noted that this is one of the topten, five, three Dvorak discs ever recorded. Simply mesmerizing.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: The new erato on August 01, 2015, 11:02:35 PM
I have that on DVD ...

Me too. I'm getting the Blu-ray as well.

Quote from: The new erato on August 01, 2015, 11:02:35 PM... and this is an extraordinary performance of a great opera:

Paul Agnew's performance of the title role is superb, also from an acting perspective, and extremely funny,...

"Irreverent" is the word I think of.

Quote from: The new erato on August 01, 2015, 11:02:35 PM... and I still cannot think of that opera without it bringing a smile to my lips

I know where you're coming from, TNE.

And Mireille Delunsch's aria is a show-stopper:

https://www.youtube.com/v/ZK4KMXTw58Y

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Pat B on July 28, 2015, 07:29:29 PM
There's nothing horribly wrong with this one:

Which makes me wonder why somebody at BMG decided to do... this:

Quote from: SimonNZ on July 28, 2015, 08:01:41 PM
The designers got mixed up, while working on the new Paul McCartney compilation at the same time. Or had a rejected concept they didn't want to waste:

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 28, 2015, 09:25:30 PM
With both of those covers, all I can think of is: "jazz hands".

https://www.youtube.com/v/xuPSIbABYVU

Speaking of jazz hands...

(Thanks to Brian who mentioned that handy cover over on the "New Releases" thread.)

SimonNZ

^That one isn't so bad.

I was also about to say that it reminded me of this cover - then I see it's the same work, but different performer. That must be more than coincidence:

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on August 04, 2015, 04:17:35 PM
Speaking of jazz hands...

Quote from: SimonNZ on August 04, 2015, 04:55:58 PM
^That one isn't so bad.

I was also about to say that it reminded me of this cover - then I see it's the same work, but different performer. That must be more than coincidence:

That "hands together" thing looks pretty popular. Hands!

Peter Power Pop

Abuelo Igor

L'enfant, c'est moi.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Abuelo Igor on August 05, 2015, 02:16:09 AM
This one has no hands in it:

I must admit that I'm not keen on that cover. I'm glad it doesn't have hands, but that star looks a mess to me – and the bottom of the star has been cut off. That bothers me in a major way. It's the same with arms, legs, the tops of heads etc. going missing in photos. When they don't appear, I go "Grrr".

But at least that cover doesn't have a Helping of Hands™. (That's what I'm going to call a group of hands from now on.*)

(*If I remember.)

Abuelo Igor

L'enfant, c'est moi.