Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 206822 times)

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2040 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18:53 AM »

Second time through this darkly fun, twisted series.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lef├ębure

Offline Roy Bland

• God listens short prayers
« Reply #2041 on: November 18, 2020, 08:32:31 PM »

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #2042 on: November 22, 2020, 04:17:36 PM »

Finished The Crown, season three.

And while there's much to admire and its still good television, I'm disappointed that they've started playing so fast and loose with the historical record (sadly, no, that dirty limerick contest between Margaret and LBJ never happened). And a couple of big missteps the first two seasons never made - the most cring-inducing one involving a teardrop. They also seem to be galloping to quickly towards more modern timed when they could have seasons covering individual years at a more leisurely pace.

Erin Doherty wonderful as Anne, and steals every scene she's in. Loved her singing alond with "Starman" in Anne's voice.

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2043 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:40 AM »

Finished The Crown, season three.

And while there's much to admire and its still good television, I'm disappointed that they've started playing so fast and loose with the historical record (sadly, no, that dirty limerick contest between Margaret and LBJ never happened). And a couple of big missteps the first two seasons never made - the most cring-inducing one involving a teardrop. They also seem to be galloping to quickly towards more modern timed when they could have seasons covering individual years at a more leisurely pace.

Erin Doherty wonderful as Anne, and steals every scene she's in. Loved her singing alond with "Starman" in Anne's voice.

I have not watched any of it, although I would like to. It is receiving some damming reviews not least the host of inaccurate events and portrayal of people who are still with us. Not a comfortable viewing for William and Harry I would guess.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2044 on: November 24, 2020, 01:37:51 AM »
I have not watched any of it, although I would like to. It is receiving some damming reviews not least the host of inaccurate events and portrayal of people who are still with us. Not a comfortable viewing for William and Harry I would guess.

Have been watching this series. Huw Watkins as Harold Wilson is brilliant as is Princess Anne. The Aberfan episode was very moving and sensitively done.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).