What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Started:

Liking it way more than I expected to.

Florestan

Quote from: Biffo on May 13, 2020, 03:48:57 AM
For a long time here in the UK we were several series behind Canada and a couple behind France. On holiday in France we saw a couple of episodes with a new detective and it was completely baffling. Now, as far as I am aware all available series have been shown on UK television, including the three pilot episodes with different actors. Apparently Series 13 is now showing in Canada but not yet in the UK.

Shanice Banton plays Violet Hart and there is a long list of episodes in which she appears, from at least series 11 onwards -

https://murdochmysteries.fandom.com/wiki/Violet_Hart

I see. I don't know what season the Epic Drama is currently showing. And I would be baffled too by Murdoch not being played by Yannick Bisson.  :o
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

j winter

Quote from: Florestan on May 13, 2020, 02:44:24 AM

You might also like this series (Australian)

Another vote for Ms. Fisher... long-time fave here!  :)
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Biffo

Quote from: Florestan on May 13, 2020, 05:05:21 AM
I see. I don't know what season the Epic Drama is currently showing. And I would be baffled too by Murdoch not being played by Yannick Bisson.  :o

Sorry, I should have been clearer. In the episode I saw in France Murdoch was played by Yannick Bisson but there was a new character, another detective who I hadn't encountered before. It was baffling because he hadn't been in any previous episodes I had seen. When I finally caught up with the missing episodes it all made sense.

Also, I saw a lot of episodes courtesy of Amazon Prime which brought me up to date and ahead those been shown on UK TV. Now eagerly awaiting Series 13.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

George

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 13, 2020, 01:24:44 PM
Sandra Oh is a wonderful actress; must watch this series!  :)

It's a great show! her female costar is phenomenal.

Irons

Quote from: George on May 13, 2020, 02:14:05 PM
It's a great show! her female costar is phenomenal.

It is, and she is. Brilliant scene where the posh bird attempts to cure her hiccups.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

George

Quote from: Irons on May 14, 2020, 07:12:08 AM

It is, and she is. Brilliant scene where the posh bird attempts to cure her hiccups.

Yes!  ;D

Irons

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

George

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

milk

Papy Oli

Quote from: George on May 13, 2020, 07:11:26 AM

As much as I have really enjoyed series 1 & 2, I am finding the ongoing third one extremely disappointing. Completely disjointed, no real arc of stories or gripping build ups, mostly just relying on the character gimmicks and facial expressions...only the whole episode 5 in mother Russia felt accomplished and substantial.  :(
Olivier

George

Quote from: Papy Oli on May 21, 2020, 05:27:12 AM
As much as I have really enjoyed series 1 & 2, I am finding the ongoing third one extremely disappointing. Completely disjointed, no real arc of stories or gripping build ups, mostly just relying on the character gimmicks and facial expressions...only the whole episode 5 in mother Russia felt accomplished and substantial.  :(

Although I am enjoying a bit more, I mostly agree with you. Season 4 has already been approved, maybe Season 3 is transitional. It sure feels like it is.

Irons

Quote from: Papy Oli on May 21, 2020, 05:27:12 AM

Up to her returning home I love the wackiness of it all, but the Russian episode I found a bit boring and predictable. The whole family dancing to Elton John was good though.

Again late in the game came across "Blood". Adrian Dunbar is very well known and deservedly so. His co-star Carolina Main playing "Cat" I have not heard of, but she is a special actress. Not glamorous but commands a presence on the screen which is an attribute of the very few. 

Karl Henning

Quote from: milk on May 21, 2020, 05:06:11 AM
Which did you like the best?

Of season 2, I think my favorite episode would be "Double Shock" with Martin Landau playing twins.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

It's tickled me, how many season 3 episodes have a role for character actor Vito Scotti.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

While I proceed with Columbo, I'm mixing in The Avengers from series 6; although Linda Thorson isn't a patch on Diana Rigg, I do enjoy the at-times-goofy Tara King shows, all the same.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

André

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 21, 2020, 04:16:17 PM
While I proceed with Columbo, I'm mixing in The Avengers from series 6; although Linda Thorson isn't a patch on Diana Rigg, I do enjoy the at-times-goofy Tara King shows, all the same.

Recently I watched a series starring Rachael Stirling. She is Diana Rigg's daughter. I daresay the mother is the sexier of the two, but Rachael inherited her mom's chiseled features.  :)