Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Happy Birthday, Conor! When exactly is it? Mine is on Sept 2.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Night Vision

Thanks MI and George :D - my birthday is on the 24th of August - 43 this year! :'(

George

Quote from: Conor71 on August 21, 2014, 04:18:39 AM
Thanks MI and George :D - my birthday is on the 24th of August - 43 this year! :'(

Ah, a Virgo Pig. I'm a Virgo Dog.

Night Vision

Quote from: George on August 21, 2014, 04:19:39 AM
Ah, a Virgo Pig. I'm a Virgo Dog.

good stuff, my Mrs is a Dog too - awesome people! :D

George

Quote from: Conor71 on August 21, 2014, 04:24:52 AM
good stuff, my Mrs is a Dog too - awesome people! :D

My ex and a former best friend are both Pigs, also awesome people! And Morrissey and Larry David are pigs.

Night Vision

Quote from: George on August 21, 2014, 04:37:47 AM
My ex and a former best friend are both Pigs, also awesome people! And Morrissey and Larry David are pigs.

I didn't know Morrissey and Larry David were Pigs - I like both of them: Big Smiths and Seinfeld fan! :D

Mirror Image

George

Night Vision

OK, my resolution to not get any more stuff for a while only lasted 4 days ;D :-[ - well I had a bit of Birthday money so I got these (I am a fool for these Deluxe Album editions) ;):

I got a game - I don't play computer games much these days but I wanted this one for a few years already - my brother just got a PS4 so he gave me his old PS3 to play this on! :):

Night Vision

Night Vision

Was reading about this band and downloaded a couple of their albums:

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I already own the Yes Studio Album box set but haven't been impressed at all with those remasters from Rhino. All of these I bought in this order are the 1994 Remasters and I heard they blow the Rhinos away. Really warm but plenty of clarity and no compression.

Also bought the deluxe set of this classic:

Henk

Cd's:

Some Pink Floyd I never heard:

[asin]B004ZN9NCY[/asin]
[asin]B004ZN9OTG[/asin]
[asin]B00M30SPMU[/asin]

Downloads:

[asin]B00KXLFWEK[/asin]
[asin]B001CSQINW[/asin]

'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Henk on August 27, 2014, 03:23:45 AM
Cd's:

[asin]B004ZN9NCY[/asin]
[asin]B004ZN9OTG[/asin]
[asin]B00M30SPMU[/asin]

Downloads:

[asin]B00KXLFWEK[/asin]
[asin]B001CSQINW[/asin]

Great haul, Henk, especially the Pink Floyd and Bill Frisell. 8)

Henk

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 27, 2014, 05:43:34 AM
Great haul, Henk, especially the Pink Floyd and Bill Frisell. 8)

My Pink Floyd collection is not complete, but it needs not to be. I listened to The Wall, The Final Cut already in earlier times, no need to listen to it again. I know that stuff already.

About Frisell, I particulary like his 80s work. I also have "Gone just like a train", I like that one too. That album is kept very simple, not overdone in anything. Should listen to Angel Song again. I didn't really liked it, but I hear positive things about here, so will give it another change.
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Henk on August 27, 2014, 08:19:42 AM
My Pink Floyd collection is not complete, but it needs not to be. I listened to The Wall, The Final Cut already in earlier times, no need to listen to it again. I know that stuff already.

About Frisell, I particulary like his 80s work. I also have "Gone just like a train", I like that one too. That album is kept very simple, not overdone in anything. Should listen to Angel Song again. I didn't really liked it, but I hear positive things about here, so will give it another change.

I heartily disagree with your attitude about listening to music. In my opinion, music that really moves you, you'll want to listen to it over and over again. Not in the same day mind you, but if you like something then, naturally, you'd want to revisit it. The thing with progressive rock is it rewards multiple listens. If you feel you don't have to listen to something again then that's your prerogative of course, but I think that's not really a sufficient way to get the most out of the music you're into.

Henk

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 27, 2014, 05:18:12 PM
I heartily disagree with your attitude about listening to music. In my opinion, music that really moves you, you'll want to listen to it over and over again. Not in the same day mind you, but if you like something then, naturally, you'd want to revisit it. The thing with progressive rock is it rewards multiple listens. If you feel you don't have to listen to something again then that's your prerogative of course, but I think that's not really a sufficient way to get the most out of the music you're into.

Well, those Pink Floyd albums I listened to in another/different phase in my life. With having closed that phase in my life, I also closed listening to that music. This way it works for me I think. Also, I don't own these albums, I loaned them, no _real_ need to buy them now. There are limits on buying music to me, this is one of those limits, I won't buy anything I want, even if I have the money. I just want to have a decent collection which I can onjoy, I'm not a collector or a completist. For instance Angel Song I have in my collection so I can dig up and revisit that recording. I hope you can understand, John.

Night Vision

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 26, 2014, 05:46:37 PM
Just bought:

I already own the Yes Studio Album box set but haven't been impressed at all with those remasters from Rhino. All of these I bought in this order are the 1994 Remasters and I heard they blow the Rhinos away. Really warm but plenty of clarity and no compression.

Also bought the deluxe set of this classic:

Excellent!  :D

Night Vision

Quote from: Henk on August 27, 2014, 03:23:45 AM
Cd's:

[asin]B004ZN9NCY[/asin]
[asin]B004ZN9OTG[/asin]
[asin]B00M30SPMU[/asin]

Downloads:

[asin]B00KXLFWEK[/asin]
[asin]B001CSQINW[/asin]