J.S. Bach on the Organ

Started by prémont, April 29, 2007, 02:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 10:23:46 AM
Nor do I know if the word  exists, but sometimes you have to make a neologism to express yourself properly.

That's natural, all new thing requires its own name.

The appearance or creation of a new word is frequently a phenomenon worth to be studied. I recall some time ago, I was interested in the origins of the word "optimism" and all its derivations. I discoverd that the word "optimism" had its origin at the beginning of the XVIII century, as a consequence of Leibniz' philosophy, with a sense principally ironic. I mention it because sometimes we think some words have always existed.

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 10:23:46 AM
I am convinced that the music and Lagacé´s view upon it had been better served by the use of period instruments, f.i. a selection of Gottfried Silbermann instruments. Compare with the not quite unsimilar (as to interpretation) East German "Bach on Silbermann organs" set (recently favorably rereleased by Berlin Classics).

Me too, but I'm saying another thing: When you opt for a non-interventionist approach, the option by a sort of non-interventionist, generic or neutral instrument can be "not totally unexplainable", just that.

Bulldog

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 09:58:31 AM
With 32 complete Bach organ sets I am essentially still undone.  :o

That is a very impressive number. 8)

FideLeo

HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

prémont

Quote from: masolino on January 22, 2011, 11:19:34 AM
Here's another:

http://www.amazon.fr/LOeuvre-Pour-Orgue-Jean-Sébastien-Bach/dp/B0013V9ROA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1295727472&sr=1-1

This is the answer I recieve when trying to access your link:

Vous recherchez une page ?
L'adresse internet que vous avez entrée dans votre navigateur ne correspond à aucune page active de notre site.

Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

prémont

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 22, 2011, 11:08:59 AM
Me too, but I'm saying another thing: When you opt for a non-interventionist approach, the option by a sort of non-interventionist, generic or neutral instrument can be "not totally unexplainable", just that.

Well, some things may be explained but not really understood.

FideLeo

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 11:29:55 AM
This is the answer I recieve when trying to axccess your link:

Vous recherchez une page ?
L'adresse internet que vous avez entrée dans votre navigateur ne correspond à aucune page active de notre site.

The link is a bit overlong.  Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4h7tmlc

Get it?   ;)
HIP for all and all for HIP! Harpsichord for Bach, fortepiano for Beethoven and pianoforte for Brahms!

prémont

Quote from: Bulldog on January 22, 2011, 11:13:27 AM
That is a very impressive number. 8)

But first and foremost impressive listening. :)

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: masolino on January 22, 2011, 11:19:34 AM
So THAT's the one you bought.

Here's another:

http://www.amazon.fr/LOeuvre-Pour-Orgue-Jean-Sébastien-Bach/dp/B0013V9ROA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1295727472&sr=1-1

If you happen to need a duplicate....now you know the set is not sold out yet. ;)

Nope.

Believe on me, masolino. I'm not under interdiction and I know exactly what I do.  :) The link you provide is the link I used when I bought that set at the beginning of this week (it has a cover and AMP links, the other one no), but Amazon France didn't modify the stock when I bought the last copy supposedly available. Maybe they had two sets and had forgotten it or maybe they simply forgot to modify the link (which is not infrequent at Amazon)... but I bought my set through that link.

prémont

Quote from: masolino on January 22, 2011, 11:32:57 AM
Get it?   ;)

Yes. I do not think I payed Amazon.fr that much for it (67 Euro´s) one year ago.

Edit: it was two years ago, time is passing fast.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 11:32:25 AM
Well, some things may be explained but not really understood.

I think the opposite works out better: some things may be understood, but not explained.  :)

P.S.: I thought to add - some things may be showed, but not proved... and music is a daily demonstration...

FideLeo

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 22, 2011, 11:39:42 AM
Nope.

Believe on me, masolino. I'm not under interdiction and I know exactly what I do.  :) The link you provide is the link I used when I bought that set at the beginning of this week (it has a cover and AMP links, the other one no), but Amazon France didn't modify the stock when I bought the last copy supposedly available. Maybe they had two sets and had forgotten it or maybe they simply forgot to modify the link (which is not infrequent at Amazon)... but I bought my set through that link.

OK.  Don't know what happened earlier, but the box is in stock again (one set only).  ;)
A very interesting whodunit story.

FideLeo

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 11:40:12 AM
Yes. I do not think I payed Amazon.fr that much for it (67 Euro´s) one year ago.

Euro has lost a bit of its value through inflation since last year, no?  Anyway we all know a bargain when it comes our way. 

It's even cheaper here :o : http://www.amazon.it/LOeuvre-Pour-Orgue-Edizione-Francia/dp/B0013V9ROA/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: masolino on January 22, 2011, 11:47:59 AM
OK.  Don't know what happened earlier, but the box is in stock again (one set only).  ;)

OK.  ;D

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: masolino on January 22, 2011, 11:53:39 AM
It's even cheaper here :o : http://www.amazon.it/LOeuvre-Pour-Orgue-Edizione-Francia/dp/B0013V9ROA/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Amazing... I have never seen this Italian Amazon.

Even when you search for Amazon Europe this is the result:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/gateway-eu

Maybe that's the same copy on Amazon France!  :P

prémont

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 22, 2011, 11:46:16 AM
I think the opposite works out better: some things may be understood, but not explained.  :)

Yes, but you used the term "not totally unexplainable" above. I now understand your explanation in that way, that you meant "rather unexplainable, but still understandable". Or would you mind to explain in a way I can understand?? :) ;)

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on January 22, 2011, 11:46:16 AM
P.S.: I thought to add - some things may be showed, but not proved... and music is a daily demonstration...

On the other hand, this is certainly true.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 12:05:25 PM
I now understand your explanation in that way, that you meant "rather unexplainable, but still understandable".

That's exactly what I tried to say.

prémont

FideLeo

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 12:10:11 PM
This site is new to me too. Thanks very much for the link. :)

Indeed you are welcome.  Let's see if they have the Real Chopin box on cheap, too... ;)

prémont

Quote from: masolino on January 22, 2011, 12:12:37 PM
Indeed you are welcome.  Let's see if they have the Real Chopin box on cheap, too... ;)

In 2010 I acquired six individual CDs from that box, the ones which interested me the most of course, among them Fou Ts´ong´s mazurkas.  I do not think that my (OK, limited) interest in Chopin justifies more than the purchase of one or two CDs more from that box, so I am not going to get the complete box. But Amazon.it lists other things - I have just ordered a number of Frescobaldi CDs.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: premont on January 22, 2011, 12:44:02 PM
In 2010 I acquired six individual CDs from that box, the ones which interested me the most of course, among them Fou Ts´ong´s mazurkas.  I do not think that my (OK, limited) interest in Chopin justifies more than the purchase of one or two CDs more from that box, so I am not going to get the complete box. But Amazon.it lists other things - I have just ordered a number of Frescobaldi CDs.

I immediately searched the Alessio Corti set, but it doesn't appear in existence.