What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquablob

Quote from: tanuki on March 27, 2009, 04:43:36 PM
I'm eating a pear!

I posted my pear eating a few pages back! Great fruit!

Benji

Quote from: aquariuswb on March 27, 2009, 05:03:47 PM

Like many things, pears can be improved greatly by being covered in chocolate. After being poached. And only a coating of chocolate of course.

But that's just decadent.   0:)

Novi

Quote from: tanuki on March 27, 2009, 04:43:36 PM
I'm eating a pear!

Quote from: aquariuswb on March 27, 2009, 05:03:47 PM

Me too! Pear, asparagus, rocket, and goat's cheese salad 8).

Quote from: Benji on March 27, 2009, 05:06:00 PM
Like many things, pears can be improved greatly by being covered in chocolate. After being poached. And only a coating of chocolate of course.

But that's just decadent.   0:)

Can I have a dollop of mascarpone with mine? Cheers!
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Benji

Quote from: Novi on March 27, 2009, 05:18:49 PM
Can I have a dollop of mascarpone with mine? Cheers!

Sure! What the hell, let's coat it in edible gold leaf while we're at it!  >:D

Novi

Quote from: Benji on March 27, 2009, 05:21:54 PM
Sure! What the hell, let's coat it in edible gold leaf while we're at it!  >:D

Where's my mascarpone? ???
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen

Benji

Novi

Quote from: Benji on March 27, 2009, 05:58:49 PM
Nice pair pear!

Hehe, I pinched it off a site called 'deviantart' :P.
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen

Kullervo

Quote from: Benji on March 27, 2009, 03:21:43 PM
Cous cous! What with?

I would top with some lamb braised in a sauce of honey, cinnamon, apricot and tomato topped with some flaked almonds. Simple!  :)

Just plain with some mild yellow curry. Lamb is not really available in the supermarkets here (which is basically the only way to buy meat in this Wal-Mart town).

Benji

Quote from: Novi on March 27, 2009, 06:00:41 PM
Hehe, I pinched it off a site called 'deviantart' :P.

;D

That site is another of my regular haunts!

Benji

Quote from: Corey on March 27, 2009, 06:16:32 PM
Just plain with some mild yellow curry. Lamb is not really available in the supermarkets here (which is basically the only way to buy meat in this Wal-Mart town).

I feel for you! No lamb? Shish! 

Haffner

Brünnhilde forever

Haven't been here for some time,  :(

Back with an invitation in my kitchen, just startin my Halibut dinner:

Brünnhilde forever

And that's the result:

Poached Halibut with steamed Fingerling potatoes, steamed fresh Asparagus with Greek Yogurt and browned parsley butter for the fish. - That's the black stuff on top of the fish, butter got away from me, a bit too brown, but nevertheless very good. - Dessert of fresh strawberries with Greek Honey Yogurt.  :)

Wanderer

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on March 27, 2009, 01:53:59 PM
Before the concert last night we tried a Japanese Yakitori bar, here's my review:

Being keen regulars at both Kura and Tanuki we thought it was time to finally try Tanuki's Cave. The most important point about Tanuki's Cave is that it's a bar that serves Yakitori style food, not a restaurant. You descend down a steep and dark staircase to enter into a compact bar area complete with neon signs and blaring rap/lounge music. It's very much a trendy place to congregate being mainly populated by cool twenty-something's meeting up with friends. Within half an hour of arriving there the place was full and new arrivals were given a ticket to wait for a spot at the bar to become free for service. We had miso soup and steamed rice basics along with a cabbage salad which was the most unattractive and unappealing dish I've seen in a 'restaurant' for some time; just roughly chopped raw cabbage with, what looked like, half a pot of mayonnaise dumped on the side. We tried a selection of the Yakitori style skewered meats (charcoal grilled and served on wooden skewers) including the pork, chicken livers, mushrooms stuffed with chicken mince and Kushiage style (deep fried in breadcrumbs) kumara almond ball. The three meats were all fairly nondescript with the stuffed mushrooms being the most interesting due to its moistness and more distinct seasoning. The kumara almond ball was dry and hard on the outside and stodgy and bland on the inside to the point where I only had three bites before giving up on it. The service was lightening fast which was good because we were running a little late for a show at the Town Hall. While I appreciate this was a bar scene, I found the loud music to be quite disorientating and distracting and I had to fight an urge to leave shortly after we arrived. I could see the regulars enjoying meeting and chatting while they drank Sapporo on tap and nibbling on skewered BBQ style meats. So overall a fairly underwhelming experience foodwise, but interesting nonetheless for a one-off experience.

Sounds downright awful*...  $:)

(the place, not the review)

Bogey

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on March 28, 2009, 12:02:51 PM
And that's the result:

Poached Halibut with steamed Fingerling potatoes, steamed fresh Asparagus with Greek Yogurt and browned parsley butter for the fish. - That's the black stuff on top of the fish, butter got away from me, a bit too brown, but nevertheless very good. - Dessert of fresh strawberries with Greek Honey Yogurt.  :)

Yum!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on March 28, 2009, 12:02:51 PM
And that's the result:

Hi Lis - looks great to me!  :D  We're on a short vacation to northeastern Florida (St. Augustine area) - eating quite well @ the moment - Dave  :D

brassbandmaestro

My wife makes cooks lovely. We had a really good spag bog last night. The recipe she uses for the mince is out of this world!!

Benji

Bogey

&   

Here the answer truly is
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

orbital

Substitute minced meat with soy protein