Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGSMoeller

.[asin] B005CA4SQK[/asin] [asin] B005LAJ23A[/asin]

Crazy sale on Amazon.com for these blue rays. Originally priced at $129.99 for both, I got them for $41.98. Christmas present for the Mrs. but was so stoked about the price I had to spill the beans.

The new erato

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 22, 2012, 06:48:00 PM
.[asin] B005CA4SQK[/asin] [asin] B005LAJ23A[/asin]

Crazy sale on Amazon.com for these blue rays. Originally priced at $129.99 for both, I got them for $41.98. Christmas present for the Mrs. but was so stoked about the price I had to spill the beans.
I have a wondefully tolerant wife. She doesn't mind 100 kg loudspeakers in the living room. She doesn't mind me dragging home endless boxes of composers she's never heard of. She doesn't mind me filling my wine cellar with Burgundies and Barolo's. But if I tried to flog something like that on her, I would be living in a box on the street.

Mirror Image

I bought one of these beauties last night for 20% off the original price:

Geo Dude

I couldn't resist an accidental sale on Amazon when I saw this for $15 (retails for $40):

Standard procedure is to add another item to an order to crank it up to $25 or more so I can get free shipping and I did just that:

:D

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 23, 2012, 06:19:01 AM
I bought one of these beauties last night for 20% off the original price:

Thoughts??

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 25, 2012, 12:28:24 PM
Thoughts??

Haven't even taken it out of the box yet, Greg. I probably won't until later on in December. I've got some things I'm more interested in at the moment.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Karl Henning

Don't try "No-Doz"
Better stay away from those
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Papy Oli

During a business/leisure trip in France last week :

[asin]B005C9QQTI[/asin]

[asin]B00415L44Q[/asin]

[asin]B0042GNDV6[/asin]

And I went all geeky with a Google nexus 7 a few days back too ;D
Olivier

George

Quote from: Papy Oli on November 28, 2012, 10:35:38 AM
During a business/leisure trip in France last week :

[asin]B005C9QQTI[/asin]

I got a few of his, great stuff!!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

TheGSMoeller

Another DVD to Blue Ray replacement. Classic film with a great treatment from Criterion.

TheGSMoeller

.[asin]B008HT4FUW[/asin]

Amazon.com deal of the day. $25.99 down from $64.99. Just ordered one for the Mrs for Christmas. And it's kinda also for me   ;)

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: karlhenning on December 03, 2012, 04:07:05 AM
Good catch, Greg!

Thanks, Karl. I've never seen the show, but a sucker for critically acclaimed period dramas!  8)

Karl Henning

In my typically convoluted way, while my wife and mom-in-law enjoy the Masterpiece Theatre production of Oliver Twist, I don't want to watch it before reading it.  But I want to finish re-reading David Copperfield first. (I suppose I have a slight horror of getting all my Dickens mashed up altogether.)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Geo Dude

;D

Bogey

Quote from: karlhenning on December 03, 2012, 04:35:37 AM
In my typically convoluted way, while my wife and mom-in-law enjoy the Masterpiece Theatre production of Oliver Twist, I don't want to watch it before reading it.  But I want to finish re-reading David Copperfield first. (I suppose I have a slight horror of getting all my Dickens mashed up altogether.)

Watching a BBC Copperfield in parts, Karl.  Not too shabby considering the amount of material they need to cover.  Same as you, though.  Finish the book, thento the productions.  As far as Downton, the Mrs, my brother-in-law and I are into it knee deep.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Bought these Sarah Jarosz albums:

[asin]B00284G2HG[/asin]

[asin]B004S3AU0U[/asin]

I caught this great musician on a television show and investigated her music. A unique, different approach on bluegrass and acoustic folk music. Her core trio is made up of guitar, cello, and violin. Very interesting music. I'm also becoming increasingly interested in The Punch Brothers featuring that mandolin virtuoso Chris Thile (formerly of Nickel Creek --- another great "newgrass" group).

Also bought:

[asin]B0010YO8M6[/asin]

The new erato

1280 pages, sent and soon to arrive in my mailbox:

TheGSMoeller

[asin]B001HN69B8[/asin] [asin]B0011E5RXO[/asin]