Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

Ive been pretty obsessed with Gabriel and King Crimson this week - in fact I haven't listened to anything else. I have all albums by both artists now but I still felt like picking something up:

Night Vision

Bogey

Quote from: Conor71 on June 21, 2014, 03:52:24 PM
Got these live Genesis albums:

All of 'em great to have.  Seconds Out is a favorite at this end.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Quote from: Bogey on June 21, 2014, 06:57:23 PM
All of 'em great to have.  Seconds Out is a favorite at this end.

Nice haul, Conor! Enjoy!

Night Vision

Thanks guys - I listened to Three Sides Live and the 1st Disc of Seconds Out already. I agree about the seconds out, it was very good - the playing from the band was faultless and Collins is in very fine voice here too!.

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I own the original release of Radiation, this 2013 release contains a new remix, which I heard blows the older one away, so it will interesting to revisit this album.

Mirror Image

Octave

.[asin]B0000009OD[/asin]
Chris Bell: I AM THE COSMOS (Ryko)

[asin]B00008J2KI[/asin]
Sons of the Pioneers: THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION (Soundies/Varese-Saraband, 2cd)

Help support GMG by purchasing items from Amazon through this link.

Night Vision

I feel a bit embarrassed for not having bought this one before :-[:

Edit: Forgot these (bought this morning) - another collection completed! :D:

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

Quote from: Conor71 on June 25, 2014, 03:18:45 AM
I feel a bit embarrassed for not having bought this one before :-[:

Next to Siamese Dream, my favorite Pumpkins album. Enjoy!

Night Vision

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 25, 2014, 05:55:18 PM
Next to Siamese Dream, my favorite Pumpkins album. Enjoy!

I really like Siamese Dream and Gish too - I have listened to the 1st Disc of Melon Collie a few times already and I am really liking it.
For a while in the 90's Siamese Dream was my favourite album, im not sure how many times I heard it but a lot!. Have you seen the special editions of Simaese Dream and Gish for sale? I am really tempted by these at the moment :)

Night Vision

Mirror Image

Quote from: Conor71 on June 27, 2014, 02:56:18 AM
I really like Siamese Dream and Gish too - I have listened to the 1st Disc of Melon Collie a few times already and I am really liking it.
For a while in the 90's Siamese Dream was my favourite album, im not sure how many times I heard it but a lot!. Have you seen the special editions of Simaese Dream and Gish for sale? I am really tempted by these at the moment :)

I never listened to a whole lot of alternative rock, but I always enjoyed SP's Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. As for the special editions, I have seen them before, but I'm not tempted by them as much as you are. :)

Night Vision

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 27, 2014, 06:22:32 AM
I never listened to a whole lot of alternative rock, but I always enjoyed SP's Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. As for the special editions, I have seen them before, but I'm not tempted by them as much as you are. :)

That's cool - I was a fan of alternative rock when I was younger and have heard a bit, though I probably listen to a lot more classic rock these days
thread duty:

I got out of print phobia with the Smashing Pumpkins special editions so I picked up the Gish one as well as the Siamese Dream one I bought last night :):

Night Vision

I picked up these ones earlier in the week (I buy so much stuff I sometimes forget to report them! :o):

Mirror Image

Quote from: Conor71 on June 27, 2014, 12:46:30 PM
I picked up these ones earlier in the week (I buy so much stuff I sometimes forget to report them! :o):

Great haul, Conor. Those two Marillion Singles sets should be some interesting listening for you, but I urge you to explore the Hogarth era Marillion albums one by one. Hogarth has recorded twelve albums with Marillion so far whereas Fish only recorded five. It looks like you got all the Fish era albums, so you're good on that era. Next stop Hogarth! 8) As for the Yes, that's a good set (if I remember correctly).

Enjoy the music!

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I was looking through my Marillion collection tonight and I noticed this glaring omission. Needless to say, I remedied this very quickly. ;D

Night Vision

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 27, 2014, 06:38:22 PM
Great haul, Conor. Those two Marillion Singles sets should be some interesting listening for you, but I urge you to explore the Hogarth era Marillion albums one by one. Hogarth has recorded twelve albums with Marillion so far whereas Fish only recorded five. It looks like you got all the Fish era albums, so you're good on that era. Next stop Hogarth! 8) As for the Yes, that's a good set (if I remember correctly).

Enjoy the music!

good stuff - I didn't know Marillion recorded so many albums (could be expensive!) :D