Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EigenUser

Quote from: Conor71 on July 06, 2015, 12:38:01 AM
This is my latest buy - I have a Bicycle already but I wanted to get a fixie one for a while (they are quite popular these days I think).
I used to be a very keen Cyclist but I got a bit lazy recently - I want to ride the Bike to work (not too far: only about 25 minutes riding).
Its a very simple Bike so I hope its pretty easy to ride and maintain - I think the fixed gear will be a bit punishing at first but Ill get used to it quickly im sure :):

Nice! I really should get a bike. There are so many fun roads and bike paths where I live. But, I have a feeling it would be that kind of purchase where I use it incessantly for a week or two and then get tired of it and hardly touch it again.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Green Destiny

Quote from: EigenUser on July 07, 2015, 01:44:00 AM
Nice! I really should get a bike. There are so many fun roads and bike paths where I live. But, I have a feeling it would be that kind of purchase where I use it incessantly for a week or two and then get tired of it and hardly touch it again.

Thanks :) - I did cycle to work every day for about 8 years but I gave it up after I moved house and kept getting punctures all the time due to all the crap on the cycle paths here. I guess its not too hard to fix punctures if it starts happening again - I hope I can stick with it!.

Green Destiny

I bought the first Queen box last year and now getting around to buying the second one - there are 3 in the set but not sure if Ill get the last one:

[asin]B0057TZIMY[/asin]

Henk

Quote from: Conor71 on July 11, 2015, 11:57:45 PM
I bought the first Queen box last year and now getting around to buying the second one - there are 3 in the set but not sure if Ill get the last one:

[asin]B0057TZIMY[/asin]

Great stuff, Conor. I love Queen. I have all their 80s album and Innuendo. Reissues, very nice packages.

I also have this set:
[asin]B00NTCJHM8[/asin]

And this set as well, which is from the 70s and not the 80s I know now.

Henk

Quote from: Henk on July 12, 2015, 04:07:48 AM

From Amazon: "Of course, News is famous for its opening medley, "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions." Attend any sports event in the Western world, and you'll hear the former. If it's a championship match and the home team wins, you'll hear the latter. That's a tribute to the staying power of the music, but News of the World offers proof that, even as Queen maintained their position as rock & roll royalty, they continued to evolve and react to the times."

George

Quote from: Conor71 on July 11, 2015, 11:57:45 PM

[asin]B0057TZIMY[/asin]

Yeah, Queen beyond The Game is not really worth it.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Henk

Quote from: Henk on July 12, 2015, 04:07:48 AM
And this set as well, which is from the 70s and not the 80s I know now.

And of course I have Jazz (1978).

Green Destiny

Thanks for the comments guys :)
I didn't really like what I heard of later Queen as well but I decided to get the last box-set after all because I really like the albums works and a kind of magic.
Im interested to give the other albums a shot again - Im not expecting too much from them but maybe a good song or 2 would be nice :)

Thread duty:

Henk

Quote from: Conor71 on July 12, 2015, 10:50:24 PM
Thanks for the comments guys :)
I didn't really like what I heard of later Queen as well but I decided to get the last box-set after all because I really like the albums works and a kind of magic.
Im interested to give the other albums a shot again - Im not expecting too much from them but maybe a good song or 2 would be nice :)

Thread duty:

Indeed The Works is also a great one. And Innuendo can't be missed as well.

Mirror Image

I couldn't resist any longer:

Bought the newer Steven Wilson remix/remaster of this classic Yes album. I own all of the other releases in this series as well. I'm not a huge fan of Wilson's work, but I think he did good on the last two Yes remixes/remasters. I bought the CD/Bluray set of this release. Relayer is quite possibly my favorite Yes album right next to Going For The One and Close to the Edge.

Bogey

Not a bad day at my local haunt including yet another Riddle addition. The Morty Craft lps hold up decently enough in the music department, but I could not pass on those covers. As for the Zentner lp (click on top photo), POW!

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Green Destiny

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 13, 2015, 09:02:37 AM
I couldn't resist any longer:

Bought the newer Steven Wilson remix/remaster of this classic Yes album. I own all of the other releases in this series as well. I'm not a huge fan of Wilson's work, but I think he did good on the last two Yes remixes/remasters. I bought the CD/Bluray set of this release. Relayer is quite possibly my favorite Yes album right next to Going For The One and Close to the Edge.

Excellent! :)

Green Destiny

Pre-ordered this one:

[asin]B00YDF76AK[/asin]

Its not released till September though :'(

Henk

Quote from: Conor71 on July 14, 2015, 11:39:29 PM
Pre-ordered this one:

[asin]B00YDF76AK[/asin]

Its not released till September though :'(

Get some Gov't Mule. (same sort of music, I read somewhere, don't know Grateful Dead)

Green Destiny

Quote from: Henk on July 15, 2015, 04:54:51 AM
Get some Gov't Mule. (same sort of music, I read somewhere, don't know Grateful Dead)

Ok, ill keep them in mind :)

Henk

Mirror Image

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on July 19, 2015, 07:55:13 AM
Just bought:

Harryhausen's practical effects photographed with early James Bond glamour - great.
Bonus: the elegance of Judi Bowker and her swan-like neck. Good stuff indeed. Hope you enjoy it!
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".