Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

This one was in print and then sold out and jumped to a ridiculous price.  Fortunately, Intrada did another release, but it seems that this run is almost gone as well, so snagged a copy.  If you enjoy Lalo, go to the Intrada site and they may have a copy of this short run tv soundtrack left.

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Mirror Image

Artem

George

Quote from: Artem on April 24, 2016, 09:13:41 AM
Great disk. That was my first Neil Young cd.

Thanks. It was recommended as being his best album by a number of people on another board, so I thought I should have it.

Autumn Leaves

Latest purchases:

Changed my mind about getting the Cream box a few times but now Im sure I want it.
Said before I wasn't going to get the new Animal Collective album, however..  :-\

71 dB

Some techno:

LFO - Sheath
LFO - Tied Up

[asin]B0000C668I[/asin]
[asin]B0000071L7[/asin]
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Autumn Leaves

Bought another new record:

Bon Iver's latest album - actually its been out for 5 years.
Yes I am somewhat behind the times :)

Autumn Leaves

Went to a record shop today and bought some albums - haven't done this in several years maybe.
Todays haul:

Father John Misty - I love you Honeybear

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love

Autumn Leaves

Picked up Father John Misty's first album:

North Star

I trust the print quality will be better than on this image, courtesy of Amazon...
[asin]1857093038[/asin]
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Autumn Leaves

Bought 3 new records:

Mirror Image

Went to my local MovieStop (plus Best Buy) and here are the results of my conquest:

* I've already started watching The Flash and find it very enjoyable. I've seen the first three episodes so far and it just keeps getting better.

Bogey

Some great, and some good stuff there, John.  Considering the Flash set myself.  Our whole family loves the show.  Just watched Winter's yesterday.  One of Marvel' best efforts to date....along with The Avengers.  Just wasn't thrilled with the Ultron addition.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Quote from: Bogey on May 08, 2016, 09:13:31 AM
Some great, and some good stuff there, John.  Considering the Flash set myself.  Our whole family loves the show.  Just watched Winter's yesterday.  One of Marvel' best efforts to date....along with The Avengers.  Just wasn't thrilled with the Ultron addition.

Thanks, Bill. The Winter Soldier will be next on my to-watch list as the first installment, The First Avenger left me hanging. :) The Flash is, indeed, a great show and is quite good fun all-around. I think it's one of the best superhero shows on right now along with Arrow and Daredevil. I haven't watched any of The Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. yet. Would be curious to know if you've seen any of this show and what you think of it?

Bogey

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 08, 2016, 09:21:10 AM
Thanks, Bill. The Winter Soldier will be next on my to-watch list as the first installment, The First Avenger left me hanging. :) The Flash is, indeed, a great show and is quite good fun all-around. I think it's one of the best superhero shows on right now along with Arrow and Daredevil.

I found the first Thor excellent as well.  At first I thought the small town background was a head scratcher, but now that almost every super hero movie crushes a metropolis, the Thor setting is kind of refreshing.  The second Thor....well, ....hmmmm....yup....pretty much bit.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Bogey on May 08, 2016, 09:24:26 AM
I found the first Thor excellent as well.  At first I thought the small town background was a head scratcher, but now that almost every super hero movie crushes a metropolis, the Thor setting is kind of refreshing.  The second Thor....well, ....hmmmm....yup....pretty much bit.

Having not seen either Thor, I can't comment on whether I enjoy them or not, but I've always enjoyed the character in the comics.

Todd

Got hooked on Róisín Murphy only a month or two ago, and there's already something new for me to look forward to in the summer.  New stuff from Garbage, too.  Pre-ordered so I'll be pleasantly surprised when the arrive.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Autumn Leaves

Todays purchases:

Upgrading my copies of these albums from MP3 to CD.

Relented and pre-ordered the new Radiohead album.

Quite like this group - didn't have this one (its a re-release of their first album).

George

Also picked up the new Radiohead (was gonna suggest you check it out, Conor!) and the new Dylan, another Sinatra cover album. The latter I haven't heard, the former is very good.