[asin]B000002I4S[/asin]
Olivier

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Geo Dude

Quote from: The new erato on July 31, 2013, 11:04:32 PM
I think that is pretty classic.

Is it the beard? :D

I've heard good things about his writings and it should supplement the anarchist anthology I have on hand quite nicely.

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 01, 2013, 08:22:50 AM
A couple more used Jazz CDs :

[asin]B000005H4F[/asin]

I love this one.

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Papy Oli

Quote from: North Star on August 02, 2013, 12:36:13 AM
Great stuff, all of them, Olivier!

They are indeed, Karlo - I have listened to them for a couple of days on youtube and pulled the trigger because they were that good ! perfect for a beginner like me !  8)
Olivier

George

George

Quote from: sanantonio on August 02, 2013, 08:09:10 AM
Fantastic set -

That along with these two make up a great playlist I created:

[asin]B00006NSH7[/asin]

Yeah, Sly and the Family Stone are one of my favorites! Especially There's a Riot Goin' On.

George

Pat B

I don't know if anybody here is into this kind of music, but today I bought tickets to see Neutral Milk Hotel. I've been waiting for this for about 10 years. I saw Jeff Mangum solo last year, but I think the full band will be a different experience.

kishnevi

Paid a visit to Barnes and Noble and left with the following, although perhaps the final item should be posted in the Classics thread.

[asin]B000002AGN[/asin]
[asin]B0042FU4IC[/asin]
[asin]B00000AG6X[/asin]
[asin]B0016PUX1E[/asin]
[asin]B00AMSQBNK[/asin]

Time Out was the "simple" re-issue, not the luxe one with a DVD and an extra CD of live performances.

Papy Oli

Another Jazz CD I enjoyed sampling :

[asin]B00BXK0PQ0[/asin]
Olivier

North Star

Quote from: Papy Oli on August 09, 2013, 03:17:14 AM
Another Jazz CD I enjoyed sampling :

[asin]B00BXK0PQ0[/asin]
Good day, Olivier! That's one of the first Jazz discs I bought, and a great one.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

DavidW

I ordered an Onkyo cd player, which officially makes me insane! ;D [since I have a blu-ray player]

I had been tired of the long loading delay and hoop jumping of using a bd player for music for quite awhile.  I'm no audiophile and don't expect to sound difference, it is just for convenience, ease of use, not hearing a noisy transport, not needing to have the tv on to get all relevant info, and ability to play scratched discs better.

[asin]B004UR487A[/asin]

btw several months ago I upgraded my speakers.  What I didn't say is that the experience of listening to them is so much better that I never use headphones, no iphone or computer listening anymore.  The hifi is the only thing I like (well that is a distant second to live concerts).

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: DavidW on August 10, 2013, 08:25:09 AM
I had been tired of the long loading delay and hoop jumping of using a bd player for music for quite awhile.  I'm no audiophile and don't expect to sound difference, it is just for convenience, ease of use, not hearing a noisy transport, not needing to have the tv on to get all relevant info, and ability to play scratched discs better.

[asin]B004UR487A[/asin]

I bought the same player (C-7030) a couple of months ago!

Relatively happy with it. Only one disc so far refused to play to the end. Turned out an almost invisible small smudge (fingerprint probably) near the edge threw it. Wiped it clean and it played.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"